TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Sales Department
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Rear Engine Rider

Default Dolmar Chainsaws

We brought in the Dolmar chainsaw line last year, and have done well with it. Good floorplan and decent margins. We also have a few light Dolmar trimmers that are really made by Robin. We sell them alongside Husqvarna saws. We've sold a few, but not anywhere near the volume we'd like. It's a great saw, but they don't advertise around here. Anyone have experience with Dolmar chainsaws?

I have no patience with stupid.

Last edited by Toroistops : 02-28-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Master PPEC Member

We started selling them this last fall and have done well with them. Like you we sell the Husky saws and trimmers.

The small trimmers, by Robin, are very peppy and if you can start them up and let the customer run them before it is an easier sale.

Not sure what saws you are stocking but I have been pushing the Dolmar more than the Husky. I still have the die hard Husky guys that wont try anything new, but if I get someone new that needs a new saw I can sell them on the Dolmar over most of the Husky and Stihl saws.

It really comes down to what you push harder and get more excited about when selling. They may not advertise but you need to let people know about them, when they call say that you have a new line of saws that they should really come in a take a look at.