TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE BUSINESS / SUPPORT FLOOR: > Equipment / Vehicles / Fixtures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2014, 02:12 PM

So I talked to the folks up at Silvana and they said the Triplematic is $7,495. That's a lot more reasonable than the Franzen, but I wonder why it's so much cheaper. The Silvana rep said the Franzen has a lot more electronics and sensors. I also imagine that since there hasn't been a lot of competition, Franzen probably has a pretty good margin.

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Got.

Yanmar Tractors | Branson Tractors | TYM Tractors | Bad Boy Mowers | Hustler Turf Equipment | Cub Cadet Mowers and Chore Products | Gravely Mowers & Chore Products | Ariens Mowers & Chore Products | Echo Power Equipment | Landmaster Side by Sides

http://www.bigredsonline.net
Old 11-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Rear Engine Rider

I charge $4 per chain. At that price it would take me years to pay for itself before any profit is realized. You folks that have these thing, how many chains do you average a week and what price do you charge?
Old 11-03-2014, 02:48 PM

On the Triplematic, at $4 per chain, it would take 1874 chains to pay for itself, not counting replacement grinding discs ($30 apiece). Wonder how long the grinding discs last.

At the same time, what is the opportunity cost of having a tech sharpening chains manually, when they could be getting billable hours? Our shop bills $85 per hour. If a tech spends 15 minutes on a chain, that chain sharpening just cost us $21 and change. Instead, a parts person can set it up in a couple of minutes, even while on the phone, with a cordless headset. The multitasking possibilities are endless.

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Got.

Yanmar Tractors | Branson Tractors | TYM Tractors | Bad Boy Mowers | Hustler Turf Equipment | Cub Cadet Mowers and Chore Products | Gravely Mowers & Chore Products | Ariens Mowers & Chore Products | Echo Power Equipment | Landmaster Side by Sides

http://www.bigredsonline.net
Old 11-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Got an email today and there show special from expo will run $7500. Not too bad of a price but just trying to find someone who owns one to see how it works.