TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Parts Department
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-28-2014, 11:30 AM
String Trimmer

Default AYP/Remax/Husquavarna Problems

Our distributors, tells us that we cannot get many of our Redmax and AYP parts now because we are not Husqvarna dealers. Dixie told us they will ship our parts once a month, if Husqvarna ells them them we can have them, and we need to call to see if/when shipment will be released. Honestly, we get told different stories every day.The supersessions on Remax parts are nuts, and take forever to figure out. Apparently Husqvarna thinks that by withholding/denying access to parts they will grow their market and dealers will carry Husqvarna. If anything, it is repelling us from them. Does anyone have a better way to source these parts?
Unread 05-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

We tell people that (a) we are not a Husqvarna dealer so we can't get parts, and (b) if they insist on leaving it, anyway, we will check it out and they can get their own parts, and (c) when they show up with the parts, we will try to fit them in after we take care of our regular customers who purchased their equipment from us. This causes the reasonable people to realize that they should become our customers the next time they need something and the unreasonable people to not come back. Either way, we win.
Unread 05-29-2014, 12:05 AM
Grand Master PPEC Member

i guess for all of those of you having trouble getting AYP/Husqvarna parts because you are not a dealer, you could contact partstree.com and set up as a commercial account which MIGHT get you a small parts discount..or just sign up with Husqvarna as a service only location and try your best to do warranty work.
Unread 05-29-2014, 05:11 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWB2006 View Post
i guess for all of those of you having trouble getting AYP/Husqvarna parts because you are not a dealer, you could contact partstree.com and set up as a commercial account which MIGHT get you a small parts discount..or just sign up with Husqvarna as a service only location and try your best to do warranty work.
I worked on getting setup with Husqvarna. We had the rep out. Talked to him. We were looking at doing something small to start. We both heard him say we could do something for $5000 initial investment. I was just looking for saws and maybe some pushmowers to start. I call him the next day to say lets go ahead and now its $25000. STRIKE 1. Sorry not doing that much in saws and I am not taking in tons of products we wont sell....so we end up getting setup as a service only location. This still takes 1.5 days of filling out paper work, talking to our bank for nonsense they want that we have never had to do for anyone else on the planet. So finally we get setup with them in like Sept or Oct or something around there. Basically beginning of winter here. Sometime about 6 months later they send us a letter saying we dont buy enough parts and all of our purchases will have to be done using a credit card. Ok, well it was winter and sorry but your snowblowers aint popular here so what do you expect us to buy? STRIKE 2. Second why did you make me waste all the time on your nonsense paperwork to get setup only to now require me to use a credit card to pay you? STRIKE 3.

I have not had trouble yet with any AYP/Redmax/Bluebird stuff through our distributors yet.