TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Stolen Equipment, Bad Checks & Fraud
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Default Missing Equipment and Floor Plans

Watch yourselves. We had (2) generators that mysteriously never made it to us. We had to file a claim with the trucking company, and are finally supposed to get a check this week, but the floorplan company wants to charge us interest on them because the floorchecker didn't see them last time he was here, and he marked them as such. These floorcheckers who are not familiar with the equipment have to be watched carefully. Had a floor check today, the guy missed 11 pieces of equipment that were in stock; literally an entire display on our floor. He called his office and said they were unseen units, I verified each unit was in stock with him before he left. Watch yourselves. Floor plan companies are going go want every penny they can get so be careful when reconciling your floor plan accounts, don't let them charge any extra interest. Good Luck!
Unread 03-25-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadocut View Post
Watch yourselves. We had (2) generators that mysteriously never made it to us. We had to file a claim with the trucking company, and are finally supposed to get a check this week, but the floorplan company wants to charge us interest on them because the floorchecker didn't see them last time he was here, and he marked them as such. These floorcheckers who are not familiar with the equipment have to be watched carefully. Had a floor check today, the guy missed 11 pieces of equipment that were in stock; literally an entire display on our floor. He called his office and said they were unseen units, I verified each unit was in stock with him before he left. Watch yourselves. Floor plan companies are going go want every penny they can get so be careful when reconciling your floor plan accounts, don't let them charge any extra interest. Good Luck!
This is why I hate floorcheckers. I HATE FLOORCHECKERS!

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Got.

Yanmar Tractors | Branson Tractors | TYM Tractors | Bad Boy Mowers | Hustler Turf Equipment | Cub Cadet Mowers and Chore Products | Gravely Mowers & Chore Products | Ariens Mowers & Chore Products | Echo Power Equipment | Landmaster Side by Sides

http://www.bigredsonline.net
Unread 03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Gee TB, tell me how you really feel about floor checkers!
Unread 03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Master PPEC Member

Sure glad we do not deal with floor plan, we have enough to do without having to pay attention to some floorchecker.
Unread 03-25-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadocut View Post
Gee TB, tell me how you really feel about floor checkers!
I will, and I won't hold back either.

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Got.

Yanmar Tractors | Branson Tractors | TYM Tractors | Bad Boy Mowers | Hustler Turf Equipment | Cub Cadet Mowers and Chore Products | Gravely Mowers & Chore Products | Ariens Mowers & Chore Products | Echo Power Equipment | Landmaster Side by Sides

Unread 03-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Master PPEC Member

Yea, this happened to us last summer.

And then the floor checker came in 1 week later , and made us pay for a unit we did not recieve . I was busy and thought it was one of the ones we sold.

The manufacturer had screwed up the whole order, what should have been one truck came on 4 different trucks and 3 different co's and days. was hard to track. I had to raise quite a ruckus and threaten a lawsuit to make them pay back.

And they did ,,,after 5 months.
Unread 03-27-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostech View Post
Yea, this happened to us last summer.

And then the floor checker came in 1 week later , and made us pay for a unit we did not recieve . I was busy and thought it was one of the ones we sold.

The manufacturer had screwed up the whole order, what should have been one truck came on 4 different trucks and 3 different co's and days. was hard to track. I had to raise quite a ruckus and threaten a lawsuit to make them pay back.

And they did ,,,after 5 months.
Let me guess.... The manufacturer's name started with an H and the floorplan company started with a G...

Unread 03-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Oldtimer

Our GE floor checker calls us at least 2 days in advance and we get 3 or 4 checks per year. Our last 5 have been perfect. We assist the floor checkers in every way possible. We had one floor checker, back in the Whirlpool days, who would call and ask if we needed a floor plan check when he was in town.

It's all about the paper work and keeping an accurate record of all sales.

JimB
Unread 03-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Absolutely, records must be perfect, but dealers have no control of a "green" floor checker coming in to inspect who has never used a lawnmower, doesn't know what a Z mower is, and is here to check, one brand, and is looking at a completely other brand. The check we had the other day, was from AutoVin, the floor checker didn't even know what brand of equipment he was looking for. That's what angers me more than anything, they think nothing of wasting our time by sending in checkers who have no training as to what they are looking for. You know, out of respect for being a bonafide dealer and carrying their line, the least they can do is send a floor checker who knows what to look for. My time is just as valuable as theirs. It's just like going to the Dr. and sitting in the waiting room for 1+ hour. Why? You have an appt., you have an appt. Yet, we put up with both don't we? Lisa
Unread 03-27-2009, 09:45 PM

My favorite floorcheckers are my reps. I wish more companies did this. Texas Outdoor Power is amazing, and that's just one of many things I like about them. Bad Boy does this too.