TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Advertising / Co-op
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Garden Tractor

Default Mower repair advertising

Just received the 'yellow pages'. It put me in a good mood. It used to be substantial, but now it is as thick as my pinky. I'm soooo glad they are irrelevant now (at least in my area). I always disliked dealing with their salesmen in the past ( my rep was especially arrogant). They charged outrageous amounts, and provided little service, if any. I'm glad to see that dinosaur going extinct.

I hope the Internet isn't a fad
Unread 01-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Rear Engine Rider

I'm not sure I agree with you. I used to enjoy arguing with the YP salespeople.

I loved how he'd try and break down those outrageous amounts to "only so much a month" to make it sound better. Then I'd say that my business was a seasonal business and that I'd never be advertising lawn mowers in January in the local paper and it would be just as stupid to do so in the phone book.

Then I'd ask him why almost everything in my store was listed under a separate heading, and why for example "Grocers" weren't being asked to buy separate ads on different pages for meat, produce, dairy and detergent products.

Yeah, I kinda miss that.
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Garden Tractor

We stopped paying for yp years ago. Never forget the look on that guys face when I told him I only wanted the one free listing, how happy I was as he walked out the door in disbelief and knowing I just saved 2800 a year.