TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Sales Department
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Default Showroom IE.signage, display etc..

Just like to see what the dealers are doing now days when it comes to showroom displays, signs etc..
I do some seasonal display when its comes to winter and fall debris but overall all equipment is marked when pricing, info and also any finance or extended warranty info...parts display's, and a lot of merchandise about..we have 2 stores and they both do a great job this, I think it helps sell the dealership as well as the equipment lines you carry..I have been in some stores, that have very few signs or product updates..
what do you do to make a impact on customer's in you store?
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:33 PM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMOWER View Post
Just like to see what the dealers are doing now days when it comes to showroom displays, signs etc..
I do some seasonal display when its comes to winter and fall debris but overall all equipment is marked when pricing, info and also any finance or extended warranty info...parts display's, and a lot of merchandise about..we have 2 stores and they both do a great job this, I think it helps sell the dealership as well as the equipment lines you carry..I have been in some stores, that have very few signs or product updates..
what do you do to make a impact on customer's in you store?
We spend a lot of time trying to improve our displays and signage! We recently moved our ECHO PAS line to a more visible area. We have a lot of antique gas signs that need to be hung, so it looks like we have a lot of clutter!! Trying to find time to straighten that up! We purchased some army green metal card files and put our spark plugs in them, everyone thinks they are pretty cool! It takes a lot of time to stay on top of displays, financing, info and pricing! It's not something that can be measured either. You don't know if you are wasting your time or making things better! We use to have a 6' display shaped like a giant bottle of oil for Echo. It had shelves for ECHO oil and sat in the middle of the floor. People still ask us where our 2cyle oil was!
Unread 01-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Super Administrator

You are correct! You can't measure the time it takes to make a nice store, I always have sales reps come in that complain that some dealers never change anything or they have to spend the day cleaning or changing their displays....we have 2 counters with big signs that read sales & parts, but people still stand there confused.....
Unread 10-16-2014, 12:02 AM
String Trimmer

I've always thought that the way items are displayed, makes a difference.

It's the tone of your shop that makes the difference.

No two are alike, neither should they be...what works in Maine wouldn't work in Florida.

Keep it clean, organized, and clean. The sales area I mean- the shop...well...that may have a different definition.

I would add bright- change out those old dim florescent bulbs for new ones if they aren't working- things like that reflect upon your shop.

But then again, maybe someone might want to reflect that his overhead is low, with many burned out and dim bulbs...or not want people to see old, dusty inventory.

There is a fine line between quaint and clutter...I have a hard time with it myself.