TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Sales Department
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Master PPEC Member

Default Husqvarna Chainsaws

While researching something else I came across this link to import "Husqvarna 365 Chain Saws". After reading the listing, I find this quote near the bottom "The Chain saw is OEM product from our factory Based in China, not original Husqvarna, please double check this before your payment."

You really have to look at the entire listing to get full benefit from it. Look at the chain brand (the one I made bold type)....

Maybe our price is not cheapest
I believe our service and quality is best.
Any problem puzzle you
Just BE FREE to contact us
Your problem is our progress
Product Description
CHAIN SAW MODEL: CS6500 HUSQVARNA 365 TYPE
Displacement: 65cc
Engine Power: 3.4KW
Engine Idling: 3000r/min
Engine highest speed: 11000r/min
Fuel Mixture Ratio: 25/1 (Gasoline 25 : Two-cycle Oil 1)
Fuel Tank Capacity: 750 ml
Engine Oil Tank Capacity: 450 ml
Ignition System: T.D.I
Starting System: Automatic recoil hand starter
Chain:Oregon
Guide Bar Size: 20"
Chain Pitch: 3/8"
chain sprocket: 3/8"
G.W: 7.5 kg
N.W:6.5 kg
Carton dimensions (L x W x H): 47x25x33 cm
Highlights
Feature: 1-Cylinder 2-Stroke Air-cooling
Model Number: 365
Certification: CE
Brand Name: HUSQVARNA 365
Power Type: Petrol / Gas
TYPE: HUSQVARNA 365
CHAIN: CARLTON / STIHL / OREGON
GUIDE BAR: 20"
POWER: 3.4KW
DISPLACEMENT: 65CC
Certification: CE, EMC, EPA, GS
What`s in the box
1 x 365 CHAIN SAW
1 x Free Guide Bar
1 x Free Tools
1 x Manual
Unread 12-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Master PPEC Member

And there is a Stihl MS381 version as well. Read the description, it TOO isn't original Husqvarna. It says so....

Thought the Husky and Stihl Dealers might want to run that up their supply chain.
Unread 12-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

The wording plus the mention of Stihl chain sets off the warning bells for me. Husqvarna also does not pack a bar or chain with this model.
These cheap knockoffs are creating real headaches for legitimate manufacturers. The uneducated consumer falls for the promise of high quality for low price then whines and snivels when his/her expectations are not met. The only way to beat these jokers is to meet their pricing but then quality goes south. It is a no win situation, the only solution is for the OEM's to take the high road and educate.
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Garden Tractor

Send a message via MSN to Jbarrette5

As a Husqvarna dealership they have notified us here in Canada of these imports and to be aware there is no relation to them. We haven't seen anything come through our shop yet and hopefully never will.
Unread 12-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Grand Master PPEC Member

so how can you tell these from the real thing, if they were to come in to you? Call Husqvarna and have them check the serial number?

Also, this would be a good chainsaw to have on a hot summer day, most chainsaws just cut wood, this one here is an "air cooling" chainsaw, so when you get hot I guess you hold it up to yourself and it blows cool air on you?
Unread 01-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWB2006 View Post
so how can you tell these from the real thing, if they were to come in to you? Call Husqvarna and have them check the serial number?
That is a great question. I bet you could look at its quality and see a difference. I suspect the detail of the stickers and everything would be considerably less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWB2006 View Post
Also, this would be a good chainsaw to have on a hot summer day, most chainsaws just cut wood, this one here is an "air cooling" chainsaw, so when you get hot I guess you hold it up to yourself and it blows cool air on you?
Unread 01-11-2014, 07:08 AM
Garden Tractor

How to detect high quality Husqvarna chainsaw counterfeit

The quality of counterfeit Husqvarna chainsaws has improved over the years and at times it may be difficult to establish whether a chainsaw is in fact a counterfeit. The following may serve as help for making the distinction between counterfeit and genuine Husqvarna chainsaws.

The most often counterfeited Husqvarna chainsaw is the Husqvarna 365 special, followed by the models 372XP and 395XP. We have seen an increase of the smaller saws ? models 137, 142e and 240 ? but these are not dominating yet.

Genuine Husqvarna chainsaws will be bright orange in color. The feel of the throttle and handle should be smooth. Counterfeit Husqvarna chainsaws are often rigid, edgy and stiff in relation to throttle and handlebars. Also the chain brake on a counterfeit is often quite rigid and not elastic. On appearance you see that it may be difficult to do the distinction without closer examination.

One of the best ways to determine a counterfeit is to remove the lid to the air filter. A genuine Husqvarna air filter will be of high quality, marked with the ?EM? mark. A counterfeit will usually be of poor quality and lacking markings.

Genuine Husqvarna chainsaws petrol cap lids and oil tanks will be attached with a nylon string. A counterfeit will be attached with a plastic pin. A new counterfeit chainsaw will also quite often have a strong smell of gasoline.

A genuine Husqvarna chainsaw will have a riveted black metal tag with holding the product number and the serial number. Genuine Husqvarna chainsaws will have unique serial numbers. Counterfeit chainsaws will have black metal tags, sometimes riveted to the chainsaw body but often glued to the body, and will often bear old or the same serial numbers as other counterfeits.
Unread 01-11-2014, 07:10 AM
Garden Tractor

This post above is directly from Husqvarna USA news that's provided to all dealers word for word. I did not write any of it. It also comes with images and will see about putting it in a PDF for those that would like it. Just PM me.
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Master PPEC Member

Thanks for that info. I'm not a Husqvarna dealer but don't want to waste my time on a cheap machine that's not worth my time.