TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Off-Topic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Default High Revving Engine

The Dairy Queen next door has a guy who washes the lot every day. He recently got a new Generac pressure washer. About three days ago, my tech and I were listening to it and decided that it was way over-speeding. I walked over with my tach yesterday and checked it; 4960 rpm. We're starting a pool on how long it will hold together, it's already run about 15 hours. The guy using it said that it suddenly turned on and started running like that, before that, it wouldn't wash the hair off a cat's back. Any guesses about how much longer this thing can possibly run?
Unread 04-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Master PPEC Member

You're next door to a Dairy Queen? You are so lucky! The closest DQ is 75 miles!!!
Unread 04-03-2014, 12:12 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

He will likely keep running it until it spills it's guts all over the lot then want a new one on warranty. I give it another 30 minutes and that is probably generous.
Unread 04-03-2014, 01:53 AM
Grand Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawDoc View Post
The Dairy Queen next door has a guy who washes the lot every day. He recently got a new Generac pressure washer. About three days ago, my tech and I were listening to it and decided that it was way over-speeding. I walked over with my tach yesterday and checked it; 4960 rpm. We're starting a pool on how long it will hold together, it's already run about 15 hours. The guy using it said that it suddenly turned on and started running like that, before that, it wouldn't wash the hair off a cat's back. Any guesses about how much longer this thing can possibly run?
Are you sure you are doing to Chinese to American RPM conversion correctly? Maybe it is running at 4960CRPM but only 3600ARPM ? And if this is a DQ owned piece of equipment, why not go in and talk to the manager and tell them this, maybe you can get a free blizzard for helping them to not blow it up. Of course if the gov already screwed up in it, then why would it not be warranty when it flings the rod out and through the side of the building?
Unread 04-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Im curious how the pump is handling all of this and what kind of pressure is being seen.
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

They don't make a lot of sense. They have the lot sealed and striped once a year, and wash it all off within the first month. BTW, Mowergirl, we are downwind of the DQ. We always know every time some one orders a fish sandwich.
Unread 04-04-2014, 01:02 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

The guy probably works for a cheapo contractor that doesn't pay his bills and doesn't give a rat's patoot.
Unread 07-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Three months later, that dang washer still runs 4-5 hours a day. I guess the pump is keeping just enough load on it to hold together. It really surges when he lets off the trigger. BTW, this guy is a DQ minimum wage employee.
Unread 07-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Master PPEC Member

Someone has figured out how to make it run faster. After all, faster is better, right?