TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE MANUFACTURER'S AND DISTRIBUTOR'S FLOOR > Sales Department
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Grand Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench for hire View Post
Do you have any suggestions?
Seek another brand, because you're going to have to stock and sell units (usually at least 15) to be an Echo dealer anyway.
Unread 03-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

The very first contact to them was 1 month ago. Since the last contact about a week to a week and a half ago.
Unread 03-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Ya, I'm kind of sorry things didn't work out different. Amy at lepco was always quick to respond, and apologized for the rep. Maybe down the road I'll try again but if it's going to be the same sales rep I would have to wonder how the service would be. No sense crying over spilt milk, I just thought it was mighty unprofessional is all.
Unread 03-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Rear Engine Rider

Wrench: sorry about your experience with lepco, they are a top notch distributor. Unfortunatley, it may be the case where the sales rep doesn't need another echo dealer in your area, how close is the next echo dealer to you, my experience with lepco is that they try to give there dealers a good distance between each other. Or it could be as you stated, he may have talked with your ex employer and got swayed against you. I have talked with sales reps who stated that if they are not interested they do not return calls, which I feel is very unprofessional. Perhaps you could ask to speek with the Sales manager at Lepco and not settle for just speeking with Amy.
Unread 03-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Like I have mentioned, I don't believe Lepco themselves is the problem. It is for what ever reason this one sales rep. It's not that he contacted my former employer, it's that he's really good friends with my former bosses son. I have heard from Johns mouth himself that if somebody has a problem with one of his friends that they have a problem with him. The funny part is I didn't believe there still existed a problem. Even if there was it is still unprofessional on his part to drag that into an unrelated business matter. As for as Lepco them selfs I find them pleasant to deal with.

Edit: Even if they didn't need another dealer in the area a simple phone call stating that fact would have sufficed.
Unread 03-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Grand Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench for hire View Post
Edit: Even if they didn't need another dealer in the area a simple phone call stating that fact would have sufficed.
We were only kind of able to get in with Echo after the local location decided they would not be doing service anymore and would be dropping the Echo line. We were already Shindaiwa, and this was before the official word that all the Shindaiwa distributors would be losing their distribution.

"In order to get any votes, the democrats have been arm twisting, groveling, paying bribes and any other sleezy actions : If this health ins. garbage is so good, why all the BS to get it passed????Please, lets all vote them OUT, and DON'T LET THEM BACK IN!!!!!!!!! "

This is in reply to your signature. We elected those dumb asses, they work for us, so why the heck can't we remove their current medical insurance packets and advise them that once this health insurance thing that is still so tied up in Washington is passed and all of the people that hired them in the first place (us) can benefit from it, it will then be offered to them as their only option of health insurance. I bet we would get a nice 90% paid on everything health insurnace plan passed before mid March.
Unread 03-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWB2006 View Post
This is in reply to your signature. We elected those dumb asses, they work for us, so why the heck can't we remove their current medical insurance packets and advise them that once this health insurance thing that is still so tied up in Washington is passed and all of the people that hired them in the first place (us) can benefit from it, it will then be offered to them as their only option of health insurance. I bet we would get a nice 90% paid on everything health insurnace plan passed before mid March.
I would be glad to see no health care bill. I would love to see tighter restrictions on law suites, stiffer penalties for fraud, and pull the rains in on medicare and medicade. Thats just for starters. Don't forget that if they were to pass a 90% paid on everything plan who is going to pay for that. Money doesn't just come out of thin air. The tax burden would bury this counrty.
Unread 03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Garden Tractor

I've called the same local Maine rep for Lepco 3 times in the last year for Billy Goat and Shindiawa and cant even get a call back. Your not the only one.
Unread 03-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

I looked at being a distributor rep at one time but they would not make it worth my while. Now glad I did not accept the job.
I now work on the order desk for a major distributor and deal with the reps on a regular basis. They are really caught between a rock and a hard place. Between the belligerent demanding dealers who are behind on their accounts (yes we have them), the whiners who order little but want everything for nothing (we have them too), and management who demand results these guys do not have an easy job. Couple that with long hours on the road, trade shows, hotel rooms and greasy burgers. Our branch manager is hard on reps, he has never walked in their shoes. It can be a rewarding job for the right person but is definitely not a ticket to riches. He/she has to have strong organizational and interpersonal skills and have a thick skin. Can't hide from conflict.
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

I would call the Sales Manager and explain the problem.