TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE MANUFACTURER'S AND DISTRIBUTOR'S FLOOR > Sales Department
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Default Take Alittle Time!

I had a customer, come into the store last saturday and was impressed when I approached him,asking if he needed help.He told me,he had been to 2-3 other dealers and as well as lowes and no-one bothered to help him.After a short while I had made the sale, and gained a customer because of my offer(even though that my job,and i do enjoy it!)to help him.So no matter what you may think,most customers will appreciate it when you come up and offer some help,even for small items..
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Good philosophy DX. EVERY customer is important and should be treated that way. They do appreciate when they get help from employees at the dealership.
Unread 06-23-2008, 08:54 AM

I know I'm less likely to make a purchase if nobody offers help. You know, Walmart is the world's worst about having staff on hand, at least in these parts. And the staff on hand is pretty clueless too, "oh yeah, the SHARP tvs are definitely the best brand out there! we hardly get any of those taken back!"

So being available to your customers and being knowledgeable enough to fit equipment to their needs are the two most essential aspects of selling.
Unread 09-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Rear Engine Rider

Send a message via AIM to Trucker Joe

With all the competition, you have to help, serve and sell your customers on why they should buy from you. Sounds like you did everything normal and came out way ahead. I have had a few sales from customers like yours and I'm willing to work with customers, and answer questions to get as many satisfied customers as possible.

Diesel Fumes make me horny!!