TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE MANUFACTURER'S AND DISTRIBUTOR'S FLOOR > Advertising / Promotions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-21-2006, 03:58 PM
String Trimmer

Red face Toro Signs On With GWW Agency

Toro has hired GWW advertising agency to place dealer ads for 2007. This is good and bad,I'll explain. Toro dealers that are promotors,marketers and use all their co-op allowance usually do not need an outside agency that does not know their market's nuances. Dealers that heavily advertise know what works in their market better than anyone. GWW will help those Toro dealers that do not advertise, simply because some advertising is better than no advertising. I know what to expect from GWW and unfortunately it is not always good. For example, a schedule well in advance of run dates so we can plan accordingly. GWW tends to buy some junk advertising on weak days for newspaper, ie Mondays or Tuesday. The best advice I can give dealers is to keep a very watchful eye on your GWW shedule and get involved with the planning in your local market.
Unread 11-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Rear Engine Rider

Question

How much discretion do they allow for you to make changes to the schedule? Are they easy to work with as far as contacting them? This makes me a bit nervous...
Unread 01-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Walk Behind Mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser56 View Post
How much discretion do they allow for you to make changes to the schedule? Are they easy to work with as far as contacting them? This makes me a bit nervous...
Do you mean GWA? Cub had them a couple of years I did go with them a year not a real easy team to get along with. Could not make changes. Contacted them was very hard. Would run ads with something you did not have in stock.
So be careful check how much money it would cost to do your own ads not much different than running yourself. Just my thoughts.
Unread 02-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Master PPEC Member

Isn't that the same agency stihl has been using? It has done wonders for us with stihl