TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE BUSINESS / SUPPORT FLOOR: > Website Design
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowerGIRL View Post
We have a mower (TORO Timecutter) in the shop that was purchased online from Wise Sales in Illinois. His website advertises free frieght and no sales tax except in Illinois. I am tired of seeing dealers sell online and get away with it, while we follow the rules of our contracts with manufacturers.

IF anyone from TORO is reading this, give me a call and explain this to me! Explain how this dealer can sell at the same price as me and offer free shipping! This is the third sale we have lost to the internet based on price!

I would call someone at TORO but I'm not sure who to call or who would give a crap!
Next week we are starting the process of selling online! I can't wait to see the response from our 'sales reps' regarding this!
They can't say anything. Dealers have been whoring out commercial and consumer Toro equipment online for years with no apparent recourse.

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Got.

Yanmar Tractors | Branson Tractors | TYM Tractors | Bad Boy Mowers | Hustler Turf Equipment | Cub Cadet Mowers and Chore Products | Gravely Mowers & Chore Products | Ariens Mowers & Chore Products | Echo Power Equipment | Landmaster Side by Sides

http://www.bigredsonline.net
Old 02-07-2010, 05:01 AM
Master PPEC Member

If you sell out of state and deliver it you are responsible to charge the tax in the state you deliver it to. To get around that you have to use a registered trucking lines that is in no way tied to your business. Even if you do that, the customer is supposed to pay the tax(if they get audited they are in deep crap) I just avoid the issue by staying in state. Although it is tempting sometimes to turn the dealers in. Another note is if you advertise in the paper that you will do that it could get really sticky as from the way the law reads you could be doing business in that state and owe taxes on sales, and even worse encouraging tax fraud.

Sorry I wanted to be a lawyer but I can not spell so I dropped the idea during college(just still have the anal tendency's to read the state laws).
Old 02-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Mid-Size Mower

Default Our New Website

We are working on our New Website
Just Learning how to Build
See what you think

http://www.woodysmallengine.com/
Old 03-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Master PPEC Member

Well we got our new site up.... the basic pages... still have a TON of info to get on the site. This crap is tedious and takes alot of time but it'll be worth it in the long run. Let me know what ya think, do be too harsh I'm a lawnmower salesman not a web designer.

We did buy the sites:

hustlerztrs.com
scagztrs.com
bigdogztrs.com

We will use them as our dealer locator links and in ads where we only feature one equipment line so when customer click on that link in takes them right into the pages of the equipment they are shopping for. Saves them from having to start over at my homepage and it's a lot easier to remember than gautreauxslawnandgarden.com!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautreaux's LNG View Post
Well we got our new site up.... the basic pages... still have a TON of info to get on the site. This crap is tedious and takes alot of time but it'll be worth it in the long run. Let me know what ya think, do be too harsh I'm a lawnmower salesman not a web designer.

We did buy the sites:

hustlerztrs.com
scagztrs.com
bigdogztrs.com

We will use them as our dealer locator links and in ads where we only feature one equipment line so when customer click on that link in takes them right into the pages of the equipment they are shopping for. Saves them from having to start over at my homepage and it's a lot easier to remember than gautreauxslawnandgarden.com!!!
Looks good so far!

Couple of questions for you since I am thinking of setting up one as well.

Are you planning on selling from your site? If so, equipment(new or used) or just parts?
What are you trying to target as the money maker from your site or is it more for information on what you sell and service?

I am still trying to decide what may be best for this area and content to display on the page.

Thanks for any info!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Master PPEC Member

We do not sell equipment or parts on our site. We promote our retails sales and current promotions, give customers a place to shop when we're closed or they can't get here. We promote the service department online also, but we only service what we sell so most of the service specials are done through our email newsletter.

It takes alot of time to get what I want online but it's worth it.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautreaux's LNG View Post
We do not sell equipment or parts on our site. We promote our retails sales and current promotions, give customers a place to shop when we're closed or they can't get here. We promote the service department online also, but we only service what we sell so most of the service specials are done through our email newsletter.

It takes alot of time to get what I want online but it's worth it.
I like the site, cant wait to see it finished
Old 03-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Oldtimer

Our new site is up and operating.

www.sevillepower.com

It has a lot of content and will continue to grow.

www.sevillepoweronline.com will be coming soon.

JimB
Old 03-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Our new site is up and operating.

www.sevillepower.com

It has a lot of content and will continue to grow.

www.sevillepoweronline.com will be coming soon.

JimB

I really like the site, but I found it hard to tell what brands you carry, It would be nice if you listed all of the lines you have in the products page.

Good luck on the online parts store.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Grand Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwaters View Post
I really like the site, but I found it hard to tell what brands you carry, It would be nice if you listed all of the lines you have in the products page.

Good luck on the online parts store.
it's under "suppliers" ... for some reason. Not really something i would think a potential customer would click on to find the brands you carry.