TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE BUSINESS / SUPPORT FLOOR: > Website Design
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Mid-Size Mower

Default Dealer Website

I have noticed alot of dealers have their own websites. My question is how are they working for you. Do they increase your traffic, phone calls, do they help sales?
Old 11-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Mid-Size Mower

If I every have time to finish mine my main use will be to send potential customer that have called me on the phone to look at what I offer in more detail, It is very important that all your manufacters that you sell for have you listed as a dealer for them, The referals I recieve by being listed on their page is outstanding.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Mid-Size Mower

This is all I have and it has worked well. I missed out on the phone book and I figured that since this is the information age, it would be to my advantage. I have had 3300 hits this year-granted not much-but have 10% that have added the site to favorites.
I do believe you have to have a dedicated site and not so much one that is hosted by a manufacturer. I could be wrong though.
I get quite a bit of word-of-mouth business. My best referral is from my chiropractor. It's amazes me how many people talk about their power equipment woes to him.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Garden Tractor

its probnably a good idea, but al otta the ole boys down here arent too computyer illetterate.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Master PPEC Member

We will see how well it works for us ours is in prosses as we speak it should be up after the first of the year (not complete). We are investing all of our advertising budget for the year into it so hopefully it turns out pretty good. It seems to have done well for alamia and mayberrys.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Rear Engine Rider

Default What type?

Hey dchd1130, what type of website are you establishing? Is is just going to be an informational site, or will you have e-commerce like Alamia and Mayberrys? Also, are you going to include parts? Believe me, it can be quite an undertaking. Also, the competition can be brutal.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 PM
String Trimmer

Default Website Design-Google Analytics-Lead Generation

One thing that our company, TuffWerx, does when we design websites for our customers is add in Google Analytics to track website hit rates, page traffice, and bounce rates(percentage of customers that leave your website once they pay a visit to your home page.)

These types of statistics can really help you determine and improve your online conversion rates.

I would recommend that if you have a website talk to your web designer or IT department about integrating Google Analytics so that you're better able to maximize your websites value.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:23 PM

Just added Analytics in. It's a powerful tool!

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Got.

Yanmar Tractors | Branson Tractors | TYM Tractors | Bad Boy Mowers | Hustler Turf Equipment | Cub Cadet Mowers and Chore Products | Gravely Mowers & Chore Products | Ariens Mowers & Chore Products | Echo Power Equipment | Landmaster Side by Sides

http://www.bigredsonline.net
Old 04-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb8100 View Post
Just added Analytics in. It's a powerful tool!
I got some ocean front property in Arkansas.... I could make you a deal.... Interested???
Old 04-28-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensmobile View Post
I got some ocean front property in Arkansas.... I could make you a deal.... Interested???
Maybe. Pix???

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Got.

Yanmar Tractors | Branson Tractors | TYM Tractors | Bad Boy Mowers | Hustler Turf Equipment | Cub Cadet Mowers and Chore Products | Gravely Mowers & Chore Products | Ariens Mowers & Chore Products | Echo Power Equipment | Landmaster Side by Sides

http://www.bigredsonline.net