TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Off-Topic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2014, 12:30 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Default Some people's kids!!

I had a call today from a consumer wanting to buy a part for his Homelite trimmer, we are the distributor. Got his postal code and gave him the name of a dealer in a nearby town. "You mean I have to drive over there and get it?" Maybe they will ship it to you. "I'll just get another one" click. He won't drive to pick up a part but will to H-D for another cheap replacement.
A tech from an authorized warranty center called wanting an authorization for an engine replacement under warranty. Me: "What is the problem?" Him: "Hole in the block" Me "OK, what do you believe is the cause of the failure?" Him: "I dunno" Me: " Tear it down, determine the problem and call us back with the details". Him: "You gonna make me take it apart?"
Old 05-17-2014, 04:04 AM
Grand Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roym View Post
A tech from an authorized warranty center called wanting an authorization for an engine replacement under warranty. Me: "What is the problem?" Him: "Hole in the block" Me "OK, what do you believe is the cause of the failure?" Him: "I dunno" Me: " Tear it down, determine the problem and call us back with the details". Him: "You gonna make me take it apart?"
You pay for teardown like this with additional authorization, right?
Old 05-17-2014, 10:23 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Briggs will pay for tear down time, they need to know what went wrong and why. If an engine or short block is needed an authorization is required.