TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE BUSINESS / SUPPORT FLOOR: > Website Design
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Rear Engine Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerdump View Post
While I understand why you have it I didn't like when I put in a 3 yr old Cub Cadet that cost $3000. and basically needed new coil and it told me
"Based on the average rate of depreciation, your mower is worth around $0."
I don't know how you got $0. I just tested it with all three mower types and got a value each time. If you can tell me what options you used, I will look into it. I have tested it for problems on several different occasions, but I could easily miss one.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerdump View Post
Unless you are charging a ridiculous amount to quote repair I suspect you are loosing money doing it anyhow when you figure actual time and disruption to rest of business.
That is the business. Sales & repair. Repair costs too high then the customer will replace the unit. From us or someone else if we are not competitive.

We charge an up front fee for all equipment coming in for repair that was not purchased from us. A half hour plus taxes for hand held, one hour plus taxes for wheeled goods. That amount of time allows for a full estimate and in some cases we can actually repair the equipment for the deposit amount. Only in complex or larger tear downs would a larger deposit be required. If the customer never returns for his equipment after the estimate, no problem, he paid and received the estimate.

There is no need to charge a ridiculous amount for a quote and no reason to loose money. The troubleshooting has to be performed on all repairs anyways so can't see where the disruption is coming from.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Walk Behind Mower

COLEFARM I tried it again and it said $2500 so that looks ok Maybe I hit a wrong button 1st time ??
Old 03-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Walk Behind Mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulco Ent View Post
That is the business. Sales & repair. Repair costs too high then the customer will replace the unit. From us or someone else if we are not competitive.

We charge an up front fee for all equipment coming in for repair that was not purchased from us. A half hour plus taxes for hand held, one hour plus taxes for wheeled goods. That amount of time allows for a full estimate and in some cases we can actually repair the equipment for the deposit amount. Only in complex or larger tear downs would a larger deposit be required. If the customer never returns for his equipment after the estimate, no problem, he paid and received the estimate.

There is no need to charge a ridiculous amount for a quote and no reason to loose money. The troubleshooting has to be performed on all repairs anyways so can't see where the disruption is coming from.
I meant more for a quick cost like COLEFARM is basically doing not an complete troubleshooting and exact estimate but when someone calls or stops in and says "my mowers doing ...... what might it cost to fix it?" If what you do works for you without customers complaining then great. Locally the average shop charge for an estimate is $25.00 so we're not making any money on doing it but can't charge much more or nobody will bring anything to us so. Also, here if a customer doesn't come pick up their equipment you are stuck storing it for the rest of your life unless you get a court judgment against them so we try to avoid that.