TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE BUSINESS / SUPPORT FLOOR: > Website Design
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 01:19 PM

Default VisiStat Site Analytics

Our web site provider uses a really cool analytics program called VisiStat. It goes far beyond something like Google uses by actually showing you a visual of where your customers are going on your site. They call it "touch mapping". It highlights what buttons on a given page your customers are clicking over a given time period, what page widgets they're clicking, what erroneous areas they're clicking (to see how user-friendly your site is, like if they think a logo or image should be interactive and it's not) etc. It's very powerful.

Our site provider, PSN, is giving it to us at no cost right now, but I think otherwise it's $10 a month. I don't know what Visistat would charge otherwise, but I recommend it for those of you that have built a site from scratch. Touch Mapping will help you make your site easier to use for the customers and let you know what they're not even using at all so you can cut it out and clean up the site.

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Got.

Yanmar Tractors | Branson Tractors | TYM Tractors | Bad Boy Mowers | Hustler Turf Equipment | Cub Cadet Mowers and Chore Products | Gravely Mowers & Chore Products | Ariens Mowers & Chore Products | Echo Power Equipment | Landmaster Side by Sides

http://www.bigredsonline.net
Old 02-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Rear Engine Rider

That would be nice for the more hands on web people, but I can't justify the $30 per month or $270 per year.

There is a service that I have used to see where people's eye's go on your site. Attention Wizard lets you upload a screenshot of your site to see what people look at most, and the paths their eyes take. They have a free account that lets you upload one screenshot a day, and gives you an idea of what you might need to change.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Colefarm you just keep coming up with the best stuff. And for the best darned price...FREE
Old 02-26-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench for hire View Post
Colefarm you just keep coming up with the best stuff. And for the best darned price...FREE
Phillip is just cool like that.

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Got.

Yanmar Tractors | Branson Tractors | TYM Tractors | Bad Boy Mowers | Hustler Turf Equipment | Cub Cadet Mowers and Chore Products | Gravely Mowers & Chore Products | Ariens Mowers & Chore Products | Echo Power Equipment | Landmaster Side by Sides

http://www.bigredsonline.net
Old 02-27-2010, 02:07 AM
Rear Engine Rider

Free is how I roll. It comes from being raised in a rural community and having to make do. Although, I found Attention Wizard in a website magazine I get, so that's the only way I know about it. The results of the two sites I tested on it were easy to read, as long as you don't mind them telling what else you'd get if you upgrade.