TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Service Department
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Default Hand Cleaner

What are you guys using at the shop?

We had a Gojo dispenser that held a 1 gallon bottle upside down and worked pretty good. Now I cant buy any more refills for it so I am either going to have to change or save a bottle and refill it from the pump bottles that the pump always stops working on.

Their replacement are some silly little 2000ml and 5000ml dispensers.
Unread 01-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

We bought some parts inventory from a guy's ex (when he left her, he left shop and all) that was about 4 years old. There was a new gallon bottle of Briggs & Stratton hand cleaner that was by far the best stuff I have ever used. My Briggs distributor doesn't have any info on it. Does anyone know who made this for B&S and where I could get some more?
Unread 01-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Rear Engine Rider

We use Zep Cherry Bomb and a cleaner called Dirty Jobs Hand Cleaner

The Cherry is good for very dirty hands but it tends to dry out hands. The Dirty Jobs stuff is great for not so dirty hands but I like it better.
Unread 01-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Rear Engine Rider

I use disposable latex gloves through Rotary. Just a regular bar of soap is all that is needed. Once I got used to wearing them, I can't work without them.
Unread 01-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Garden Tractor

Get it from Oregon OPE distributor- Fast Orange hand cleaner - we buy it by the gallon jug, comes with its own pump dispenser, so it isn't locked down to one spot on the wall like the gojo - Oregon P/N F25218
Unread 01-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsengine View Post
Get it from Oregon OPE distributor- Fast Orange hand cleaner - we buy it by the gallon jug, comes with its own pump dispenser, so it isn't locked down to one spot on the wall like the gojo - Oregon P/N F25218
Thats the type of thing I am trying to avoid. The pumps clog up or stop working before you use all the hand cleaner up so you end up making a mess trying to dump it out of the container. The GOJO is available in something similar.

Might just end up trying to save the bottle we have and clean/refill it from bottles like these.
Unread 01-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Master PPEC Member

We use Worx natural handcleaner.
By far the toughest we have found
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Garden Tractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
The pumps clog up or stop working before you use all the hand cleaner up so you end up making a mess trying to dump it out of the container. .
because over time the heavier stuff settles to the bottom. Solution: shake up the jug every so often to re-mix things - treat it like you do your 2-stroke mix... just common sense.

"Shake Well Before Using" outta be on the bottle somewhere.. never had a pump clog yet.
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:21 AM
String Trimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
What are you guys using at the shop?

We had a Gojo dispenser that held a 1 gallon bottle upside down and worked pretty good. Now I cant buy any more refills for it so I am either going to have to change or save a bottle and refill it from the pump bottles that the pump always stops working on.

Their replacement are some silly little 2000ml and 5000ml dispensers.
We use dawn dish soap, it cuts the grease great gets your hands clean quickly and its cheap. buy it at costco in 1 gallon jugs
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Master PPEC Member

I had an opportunity to buy some Zep Soy Punch some time ago and absolutely love it. It is a great product but I hope I can get some more. I don't recall what it cost but it works great on just about any type of grease. Takes it right off.

Here is a place that has the same stuff. I have never dealt with this company though. http://midwestsurplus.ecrater.com/p/...nch-heavy-duty