TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE BUSINESS / SUPPORT FLOOR: > Software / Hardware Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-28-2014, 08:45 PM
String Trimmer

Default New store planning, what software to buy?

Hello,

I am in the planning stages for my new store and with that I want to jump into the 21st century by having a complete software program. I would like an all in one program for lawn & garden along with power sports as well, is there such a thing? I will have a large inventory and need enough space or the right program to list everything I have now and what I will be bringing in once we get our lines of equipment to sell settled. I would prefer a bar code system just for the quickness of doing invoices. It would be nice to be able to link to quickbooks for accounting as well. I have been reading and looking into a POS register system as well for processing credit cards, taking online orders and possibly doing an individual customer loyalty or rewards program based on their purchase history which would be in the form of a gift card type thing. Has anyone heard of doing something like this, do you have a set up like this or is it even possible? Any and all information will be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Unread 04-29-2014, 01:34 AM
Grand Master PPEC Member

I know I pointed you here from Lawnsite, but you may have to give this a little while...things sort of slow here during "the season". But I do wish you luck in your endeavor... you might do a free trial of the Microsoft offering, at least with them you are not likely to end up with a piece of software that ends up being bought out and discontinued by another company to keep from competing with that company.
Unread 04-29-2014, 09:17 AM
Rear Engine Rider

Quote:
New store planning, what software to buy?
Where are you located?

Oldtimer
Unread 04-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Check out Lizzy. They have the full system. Barcoding, webstore supports, can run on any device. nizex.com
Unread 04-30-2014, 10:38 AM
String Trimmer

Default Stoneham's Motorsports

I own a Polaris dealership in South Central PA. I have managers that run that dealership for me, because I work for a business management software company called Charter software. We have a full featured software package that most likely can accomplish what you are looking for, and it also has the ability to be used for a rewards/gift card program. Feel free contact me if you would like to discuss this further.
james.stoneham@gmail.com

Last edited by james.stoneham@gmail.com : 04-30-2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Need to add signature
Unread 05-05-2014, 01:06 PM
String Trimmer

Greetings, "RevolutionPowerSports!" I work for c-Systems Software, Inc, and have for over 22 years. We can provide you with "front door to back door" service and support for your dealership, including a QuickBooks interface, if you choose to use that route. We would like to have the opportunity to show you what our company can do for you. Having done this for many years, I suggest that you look at several systems; do not automatically install the first system you see, rather you should be sure to look around and check references. Please contact us at www.csystemssoftware.com if you would like more information.
Unread 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM

We have had C-Systems' Infinity for a few years now, and are pretty happy with most of it. If you do consignment, sell pre-owned equipment, or even take trades, this software is not for you. Those things have been "in the works" for the last 5 years and though we've been located less than an hour from them, and sell more pre-owned products than probably any of their other dealers, they haven't been interested in working with us to develop the software to fit dealer needs in this regard.

If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You Always Got.

Yanmar Tractors | Branson Tractors | TYM Tractors | Bad Boy Mowers | Hustler Turf Equipment | Cub Cadet Mowers and Chore Products | Gravely Mowers & Chore Products | Ariens Mowers & Chore Products | Echo Power Equipment | Landmaster Side by Sides

http://www.bigredsonline.net
Unread 05-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Rear Engine Rider

We have been using C-Systems Infinity since October, 2010 & what TB8100 says is correct. There is no line of communication with C-Systems, instead, the offer is always "we will submit your request to our programmers", and that is the last we ever hear of it. There is no way to communicate with a C-Systems decision maker.

According to what I have been told by their reps, they have never actually used Infinity in a dealership. I have requested the GPM to be included on the inventory maintenance screen but was told to "look at the dollars you are making". I tried to explain the need for the enhancement but felt really put down by the person I was talking to.

I asked the name of the owner of C-Systems and was told that info could not be given out but it took about 3 minutes to look up who paid the property taxes.

When we first installed Infinity my Son asked about hot keys to toggle between open tickets or open tabs within C-Systems and was told there was not an option to do that. Recently he found the feature was there all along.

JimB