TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Equipment / Products
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-09-2013, 09:12 AM
String Trimmer

Default GE Floorplan rules

I have been seeking, with no luck, the "rules" i.e. contract by which GE Floorplan operates. My floorcheckers tell me I am not allowed to see it. I believe I have a legal right to see it. I have many questions for them regarding SOTs, municipal contracts and when they are due. What specifically a floorchecker is allowed to do, and what are my rights. I receive different answers from different people at GE every time I inquire. I was told municipal contracts can have 30 days, but am then chased by GE CSR to pay for them immediately. My biggest municipal contract does not pay a day before 60 days. So, have any of you actually seen the GE contract? I am ready to go up the line to get an answer, as my CSR does not seem to know much.
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Rear Engine Rider

The information should be in the contract that you read thoroughly before signing.
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Garden Tractor

You wiil get ten days on a Sheffield deal when you show a copy of the contract. Talk to your rep at ge and send a copy of the po. But if you have less than the 60 days of free floor plan on the unit you will have to pay the unit off or pay interest.
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Rear Engine Rider

I really don't think there is any provision for municipal sales that may take 60-90 days. If it's gone, ya gotta pay. I know a dealer who lost GE several years ago because he sold 3-4 Toro Z-masters to a 90 day entity of some kind.

I never sell more than one or two units at a time to a town, and I can cover that if I get a floorcheck. If anyone, municipal or otherwise, ever wanted a half dozen units, payment would have to be arranged for delivery. And such arrangments would be written in the bid. Not really something that I need to worry about since those large "fleet" purchases just don't happen in this market.
Unread 09-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Rear Engine Rider

I was and am under the impression , that its pay as sold . I just put in a bid for three machines, and this will be def 30-60 days before payment , my check book will not like writing a check to GE for almost 25 k. If there are any other options, I would love to here them
Unread 09-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Master PPEC Member

I feel really lucky. Our municipalities pay us as soon as the units are delivered and accepted. We have a check with 7 days. Only one time have I had to call for my money, because it was close to 21 days. The check was in the mail that day. We make it very clear, up front, mowers are paid within 10 days. The money is there, we have a purchase order, why should it take any longer? 30-60 even 90, no way! They are either sitting on their money or just didn't have it in the first place.
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I was and am under the impression , that its pay as sold . I just put in a bid for three machines, and this will be def 30-60 days before payment , my check book will not like writing a check to GE for almost 25 k. If there are any other options, I would love to here them
We sold mowers to a company that was 6 months till they paid and would only pay then if we gave them a discount. I have learned my lesson I only deliver a mower when it is paid for with major companies.