TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE MANUFACTURER'S AND DISTRIBUTOR'S FLOOR > Equipment / Products
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Garden Tractor

Default Buying power?

Hello my name is Doug and I recently found this forum. Thank you to whoever put this together it is very informative.
I read in some old posts about grouping a few dealers together to recieve some better discounts from the distributors. I have always thought of this but it wasnt recieved well by the people I asked.
Is anyone doing this currently? If anyone in Maine is doing this or is interested let me know. I am just a small shop , but thought maybe I could connect with a few others to buy in more quantity.
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Master PPEC Member

yes we do it, how well it works depends on the distributor some make you place so much a year to stay a dealer. But we have smaller shops that add their orders with us to give us a lot more buying power and larger discounts. We then sell them the parts at cost. I do not do that as much with stens because the $20,000 mark is my next discount and I have yet to figure out how to get to it without a lot more people buying with me unless I sell blades.
Unread 03-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

"unless I sell blades"...????? You sell parts, but not blades??!!?? You are missing a huge profit center right there!!!!
Unread 03-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvickjr View Post
"unless I sell blades"...????? You sell parts, but not blades??!!?? You are missing a huge profit center right there!!!!
I do not sell stens blades, I think the oregon ones are better quality and with my buying brackets I get them for the same price.
Unread 03-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Garden Tractor

Send a message via MSN to Jbarrette5

I would have to agree with rwaters, the oregon blades are a much better quality blade then stens. Up here Stens Canada has terrible pricing. They say they are the leading company with profit margins but their probably gathering this information for you guys in the states and promoting it here in Canada.