TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Stolen Equipment, Bad Checks & Fraud
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Default Three cheers for JCB

Just read the story in Green Industries and about time might I say. I can not be as fussy as some about working on China made stuff and frankly it gives me a lot of work (cheap made equals repair often). But with that said I do not like to see all these cheap knock offs any more than the next guy. If your gonna build something either have the ability to make something original or at least pay the royalties for using someone else's ideas. Job well done for JCB!

Not sure how to link the story here, so if anybody else does.....
Unread 04-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

That would be the one.
Unread 04-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Master PPEC Member

Good for them, although I have a feeling this issue will never go away.
Unread 04-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Master PPEC Member

I don't think you can complain about the Chinese junk if you are willing to work on it. If consumers didn't buy it and dealers didn't work on it, the Chinese wouldn't have a market for it! It's not just outdoor power equipment and engines either! Check the label on you clothing, shoes, dinner ware or a million other products!
Unread 04-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

You will be hard pressed to find anything that didn't have some involvement with chinese materials or manufacture. Lets face it dam near everything out there has either been made by the chinese or has parts in it made by chinese. How that all came to be is a big long political debate we will not go into here, except to say we are guilty of shooting our own selfs in at least one foot. I support american made, but when I'm just scratching out a living as it is I don't have the luxury of turning away much work. I would love to see more products made in america. We have the best and the brightest, as well as the best means. Finally just because I work on something does not mean I can not give my opinion on it. It does not mean I can not be upset at the volume of these products in our market. It does not mean I can not be upset how these other countries trash patent laws and rip the honest people off. The fact is these products are out there, they brake and need repair, and there market share only seems to be increasing. Saying some one like me who would work on this stuff can not comment is saying I can not vote because I get involved in politics, or I can not discuss what is better wine because I've tasted to many brands.