TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Stolen Equipment, Bad Checks & Fraud
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Master PPEC Member

Default Got this email today.

Hello,

Am Adianna Ortiz i will like to know if you do lawn mower repair,i need your help my uncle just brought 2 used Yard Lawn Mower Machine and they are Honda 2007 and snapper and the Mower has a Brake Problem and general services and i want the mower deliver down to your shop so you can handle the services for me can you handle that for me and do you accepts credit card and i would want you to email me back with your shop address.Looking forward to read from you now.

reply to adianna5555@hotmail.com

Best Regards,

Ortiz
Unread 12-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Master PPEC Member

Goodday
This is James Willy, i would like to know if you do Lawn Mower repair, and do you accept credit cards for payment, are you the owner or the manager actually i just relocated from my old house in LA down to your city 3 days ago and i have 3? lawn mower and i need the engine repair, basically i just moved in to IL now and i am at the hospital right now because i was down with a diagnosis of cancer of the lungs as such i had to spend some time in the intensive care,so i want to do the repair arrangement for the lawn mower and after completing the payment with my credit card,so that i can contact my private delivery shipper in LA to move those lawn mower down to your shop for the repair Asap, so let me know if you can handle that for me.

Due Regards,
James Willy.

this was my version I am however trying to figure out how they make money on this scam unless they talk you into giving them cash back on the repair or something.
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Grand Master PPEC Member

Had this one all ready. They want you to charge something like $3500 to the credit card, keep $1500 for yourself, then send the other $2000 to their shipper. NOT!