TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE BUSINESS / SUPPORT FLOOR: > Website Design
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

I know this is an. Older thread but I was considering ditching go daddy and trying Ari for the website. Go daddy is about $700 a year but. It's hard to make any changes to products or tabs. I got a quote for Ari for about $2500 a year without parts lookup. I'd like to redo the site to add some more content but not sure if it's worth the extra money.
Our website currently is cbmower.com
Old 01-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Super Administrator

Websites are tricky. Your site looks nice, but I can see where you're coming from. What's the "solar power" tab represent? Before you go with ARI, check out local web developers. You also need to ask yourself do you want a site that is for customer's to use as a search and information tool, or do you want them to be able to purchase too? Parts look up can be done on the manufacturer sites too, ARI's look up is pricey each month. Weigh all the options, then I'm sure you'll make a good decision. Good Luck!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

the solar power is a page to track the solar panels we had installed. We have alot of people ask how they are working and hoe much power they put out so now we just send them to the website and they can look at it themselves. That way they may kick around on the site a little bit and find something they might not know we deal with.
I don't want to sell parts online or need the parts lookup.
Currently, most of the tabs on the website link to oem pages which is fine but that also gives the customer a place to go to the dealer locator and maybe find another dealer which is not what i want to do as we have several dealers of a certain ope closer than they should be.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Super Administrator

There are lots of things to consider when building a website and most importantly is how people find your company. There needs to be a lot of content, and sometimes these "canned" sites don't offer that type of flexibility for optimization. If you don't want to link to manufacturer sites, then you have to build the information in your site. Get some info and quotes from local web developers and compare apples to apples with ARI. Ask about optimization, hosting, YOUR ability to make changes to the data, content and pictures, etc. The more info you have, the easier it will be to make a well informed decision and spend your hard-earned money most effectively!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Is anyone else using Ari for their website?
Old 01-23-2015, 07:19 AM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

They are working on one for us, but it is the ecommerce capable version with parts lookup/ordering
Old 01-28-2015, 01:47 AM
Master PPEC Member

We've been using ARI for a couple of years now. We are in the process of upgrading to their new system..Endeaver?? It looks a lot better than what we had, but only time will tell if it is easier to use.